Monday, August 26, 2013

Jays

We filled our new gourd bird feeder with cracked corn yesterday - to attract the zillions of jays we have living in the trees in our yard.  There are families of jays - moms, babies and dads - and they are frequently heard scolding anything or anyone that comes too close to them.  I hope the corn will attract them and I love that the feeder is supplying them with sustenance.

I also am thrilled that it's cracked corn vs. seed 'cuz I feared having a zillion unidentified plants growing in our garden.

And the feeder is so beautiful and I will post pics soon - it is hand crafted and it's unbelievably stunning.  It's very unique and one of a kind!  Love it!!

I did not work yesterday which will have me panicked and worried throughout today.  I did make huge progress on Saturday and I feel like I'm in a good place...and I also feel like I have the three day weekend next weekend as a 'fall back' if desperate.  I won't be - but just in case, you know?  I don't have too many meetings this week so I'm hopeful I can finish up the report part and move into the 'now what does it all mean' part.  Right after I finish calculating depreciation and then move on to reconciling our bond construction projects.

I have a headache now just writing the last sentence above.

Instead of heading upstairs to nap yesterday, I piddled around the house a bit.  Did a few things that needed doing and while it's not major things, I felt 'good' about doing something.  I did end up trying to sleep for a bit but ended up in the hazy doze state between true sleep and wake-fullness.

We watched Life of Pi on cable and really enjoyed it.

The ISS cruised overhead again last night at 8:18 and we watched it in between baking scones and malted milk chocolate chip cookies.  There's a birthday to celebrate in my department today so scones (homemade) and a Starbucks traveler of good, strong coffee will be a nice way to start off the day.

One meeting at 8:30 this morning and then it's just plowing through more year-end stuff.  I brought a bag of stuff home from my office - just 'stuff' that's been lurking in cupboards and drawers - not only did I haul it all home but it is now 'dispensed' with - Goodwill, trash, put away.

Chloe is getting two teeth pulled tomorrow - one is cracked and the other has a bad abscess.  The cracked one has been cracked for awhile.  When we cleaned out the pet cupboard after Klink died, we pulled out bags of hooves and pigs ears that H. gave to Chloe - and we think the chomping aggravated the cracked tooth.  She is eating better now that we switched to canned food and after tomorrow and a few days of discomfort, she should be back to her old self.  Since they're putting her under, they will also clean her teeth.  $800 later....

I slept in a bit this morning 'cuz as usual on work days, I get into a great sleep shortly before the alarm goes off.  Now I need to rush to get scones on trays and loaded into the car then to SB to pick up coffee.

Over and out for now.





No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...