Saturday, August 31, 2013

Another Saturday Night

and I ain't got nobody.  I've got some money 'cuz I just got paid.  Now I wish I had someone to talk to.  I'm in an awful way....

Name that tune?

News alert:  I am not working today!  Believe it or not.  The three day weekend which will allow for a Monday of no one else there (so I will get 10x as much done with no interruptions) lured me into deciding that being off today was do-able.  I plan to go in for a couple of hours tomorrow but that's mainly to prep things for Monday - 'cuz my new assistant volunteered to also work a couple of hours Monday to give us a head start on the week.

My new assistant has a lot to do with that cavalier approach to what's ahead this week 'cuz I am able to pass off so much to her - and that offloads my wee brain to a degree that I feel 'lighter'.

I am heading to Trader Joe's later today with stops at Krispy Kreme and Dave Wong's  - dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow with two stops.

I am dressed and heading outside to work on some yard stuff.  We have two Japanese maples in the front yard that our gardener was pruning to be 'shrub-like'.  We are trying (hoping) to let them get more 'tree like' but at the moment, they are gangling, over-grown beasts that need immediate taming. I'm hoping to train H. to prune - so he can help.

I saw my old boss this week - and watching his face as I described a lot of the things that are already changing was hard on us both.  It made me sad for all of us - all that we've worked so hard for in the past four years is seemingly being undone in a matter of weeks.

I don't know what the future holds.  I know I am committed to doing all I can to move the district forward.  I just don't know what the district will look like in a year.  Or two.  Time will tell.

More and more, I think we will be selling this house in a year or two and moving - hopefully still in Tracy but not sure.  I don't think the refinance is going to happen - which is OK though it pisses me off.  It would definitely happen if we came up with $40K - but I'd rather save that cash for our next home.  I think it will help (me) to start thinking of a new place - the fun J. and I will have in putting it together.  Hoping for a second 'brand new home' to make our own - and incorporating a lot of things we learned in the mistakes we made with this house.  Maybe.  We'll see.

The President just gave his speech regarding Syria - I don't know what the answers are.  A part of me thinks we MUST act now - because the use of chemical weapons is just not something we can sit idly by and accept while people are dying.  Then again, seeking Congressional approval seems the 'right' course - 'cuz it will flush out the division that is paralyzing our country.

It will also solidify that President Obama is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  It doesn't matter what path he chooses - he will be crucified either way.

We went into Iraq with nothing close to the confirmation we have against Syria.   Everyone seems to forget that.

People are dying.  The use of poisonous gas killed 1000's.  The global community has to care about that.  Humanity has to care about that.

And the decision is now in the hands of the most divided Congress in our country's history.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...