Thursday, August 22, 2013

Irritants

Don't you hate it when you see a 'headline' link on a news page as you're moving somewhere else - and then you go back and that headline is gone?  Seemingly never to be seen again.  I will spend all day obsessing about the missing headline....hoping it will reappear.

And worse yet - in 10 minutes (or less.  Probably much less), I will have no recollection of what the headline was nor any inkling why it interested me in the first place.  That won't stop me from obsessing....it will just stop me from remembering what I am obsessing about.

H.'s former roommate J. is here visiting from Texas.  He is sporadically staying with us for a couple weeks...though the itinerary is 'fluid'.  Is it a plan that they don't have any plan?  Guess so.  I obsessed about what to fix for dinner last night for 'company' only to find out mid-morning that his plane didn't arrive until 10PM last night - making dinner moot.  Oh well.  We had chicken nachos.  They were good though a bit too spicy for my tastes.  Ro-Tel mild is still ON FIRE (for me).

It's been a couple hard days at work and I woke up very early this morning feeling somewhat panicked about a few things.  Hoping that an early rising combined with some time in my office with the door closed (a very rare thing for me) will help.  I have year-end under control - it's just all the other crap looming that is fragmenting my brain and zapping my willingness to co-exist.  With anyone.

Ahh...angst.  Welcome back.

Chloe is decidedly under the weather and heading to the vet today.  We've been putting it off 'cuz it will be $800 - at least - for blood work and xrays.  But her belly is clearly not doing well and while she's still somewhat perky and tail-wagging, she's a little 'low'.  So J. will take her in this morning.

J. has lovingly started pressing my clothes for me every evening - he walks upstairs with me every night and I pick out something to wear which he presses and has hanging for me each morning.  The walking upstairs together is a return to the nightly routine that existed when we had a cat that would get very vocal around 9 each night begging for dinner.  We miss walking upstairs together - so we've created a new reason to go up together.  He then goes back downstairs and stays up until 11 or so....I appreciate having 'pick out outfit and iron' off my morning to-do list.

I reached out to my former boss yesterday and within seconds of him answering the phone, I regretted it.  There's nothing he can do.  Surprisingly, talking to him didn't help one bit.  And that bothered me more than the stuff that made me think of calling him in the first place.

I feel like an uninhabited island attempting to survive against gales, hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis...weathering it all day after day but starting to show a little wear around the edges.

I will be wearing peach today - it's cheery.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...