Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturdays Are For....

Cousins arrived today for a night.  The boys accompanied J. to the city with the family for a day of fun.  Then they stopped in San Leandro for dinner with the other brother/uncle.

I piddled around the house vacuuming things that rarely get vacuumed - like window blinds and window sills.  It was a beautiful day today and I opened up every window possible to let some fresh air in.  Then I headed to work for a few hours.  Then to the recently remodeled Starbucks across town for an iced tea; stopped at grocery for eggs and juice for breakfast tomorrow and then to Wing Stop for wings!  It's my favorite 'treat' when I'm dining alone.

Tomorrow J. and his brother and the girls are going to the 49rs game for the day.  I plan to do some more piddling around the house and then working a bit more.

I loved that it was cool enough last night to need a little light blanket - and the warm sinking back into sleep feeling this morning was great!

There's not much going on around here these days....just boys becoming men and a mom and a dad becoming older.  I am cranky in ways that defy explanation and I am attempting to pull myself out of a deep, dark hole.  It will pass.....as I always say.  There are discouraging things afoot and I feel the urge to initiate some major changes in my life....and I'm not sure where all those feelings are coming from.  I'm really not.  So I don't write 'cuz I've got nothing positive to say at the moment...and until those feelings tamp down a bit, I fear the blog will just become some whiny mess attempting to pass for something people want to read.



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...