Monday, October 22, 2012

Salty

Guess what?  It's Monday again!!  Too damn repetitive if you ask me....though it doesn't feel much like Monday to me since I worked this weekend and it all just sort of blends together.  But Monday it is!

J. went to San Leandro yesterday to help his brother set up a new computer.  J.'s new computer is to be delivered today - a birthday present (sort of) - something he really needs and will enjoy.  His old one is so incredibly slow.  I tried to encourage him considering getting a Mac but he would have none of that - so he ordered what he wanted to be built by HP.  I don't really want a Mac either but folks who have them say we PC users should give it a try and we would never go back.  Apparently, I will never know.  We are a PC family and slaves to Microsoft.

On the way home from San Leandro, he stopped at Smart & Final and was able to return some leftovers from the ice cream event a couple weeks back.  I was glad he could do that 'cuz as the organizer of the event, I was a bit in the hole in terms of expenses.  That always happens no matter how carefully planned the event is.  And it was OK but glad they took back some of the unopened items.  Otherwise, we'd be eating ice cream sundaes FOREVER and that can't happen.  My pants are getting too snug again and I know it's too much damn sugar.

Back to the point....he picked up a few coffee syrups since he was there, including one lone bottle of Salted Caramel.  I've been looking for this one - sugar free version.  I love the salted caramel candies that are out now - that taste of salty sweet...and was so excited when he said he found one bottle of the coveted syrup.

I covet it no more.  It may be passable on ice cream with chocolate sauce thrown in for extra sweetness, but in coffee, it's kind of gross.  It's got salt in it...I know that's a 'well, duh!' but yuck.  It's like the third ingredient and it's really too salty for coffee.  Not a 'hint of salt - no, it's a 'slap on the head' saltiness that has no place in a latte.

Glad I tried it so now I know and glad he only was able to find one bottle otherwise, we'd be making another trip to return them.

Off to shower and head in for a meeting packed day.  Actually, it's a meeting packed week....

It's feeling a bit like winter!  My tank top and pajama pants aren't quite enough and a warm shower will help.  My coffee sits next to me taunting me 'cuz it looks delectable but tastes like a salt lick.  Yuck!

UPDATE:  It may not feel like a Monday in terms of sequentialness but it is a Monday and I need caffeine.  The salt lick latte is down the drain winding it's way to the sea where it belongs and a nice, vanilla latte is in its place.....

UPDATE II:  Sequentialness is probably not a word....if I were playing Words with Friends right now, I could check and that would be a doozy of a score, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...