Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Debating

I almost can't watch the debate tonight 'cuz I feel like there's soooo much riding on it...and you know me.  I want to know how it all turns out and THEN I can watch it.  Otherwise, it's like adding a stressful event to a plate full of stressful events - and that never ends well.

J. is going to watch the debate at campaign headquarters with the folks working on the campaign for our local Representative election.

I have been home the past two days with a stomach thing...turned out the 'not feeling great' feelings I had all weekend hit wickedly Sunday night and a night of back and forth to the toilet led to a day of being mostly in bed and very lazy.  Followed by today which has me vertical more but still not feeling great.  Wicked headache - likely induced by dehydration.  I am eating a bit more today and while I feel the effects, so far, things are status quo.  Ugh.  It's been a hard couple of days.  And the things I missed at work today are mind-boggling - but couldn't be helped.  I managed to get myself out of bed at 4:45 this morning to come downstairs and enter my absence on the automatic system we now have...then went back to bed.  Even kept the lights off downstairs so the dog wouldn't be expecting to get up.  Took 5 minutes longer 'cuz I had to stand in the pitch dark room after shutting down my computer until my eyes adjusted enough to move.  The dark cat lurking around my feet didn't help much.

I think I will return tomorrow.....must, really.  I am rarely out ill....and I fear what awaits me.  It will be OK.  It has to be.

I hope President Obama kicks ass tonight.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...