Sunday, October 07, 2012

My Own Barista

The ice cream party hosted last Wednesday was a huge success.  The people we wanted to surprise and honor were very surprised and honored and it was a lot of fun.  Also a lot of work....the blisters on my feet from many trips back and forth to the car lugging things like ice chests full of dry ice and refrigerables took it's toll.

We had some leftovers of everything - and I brought home three Ziploc containers of ice cream and assorted other leftovers.  Whip creams, caramel and chocolate sauces and candy.  The boys are polishing off the candy pretty quickly - and the ice cream is going fast, too.

This morning, I did my part by having whip cream and caramel sauce on my mug of coffee.  Plain, ordinary (budget conscious) coffee topped with a flourish!  Delicious!  I can't do that everyday or I will promptly gain back the weight I've lost (and then some) but I'm doing my part to remove three partial cans of whip cream from the refrigerator.  J. has done a masterful job of keeping it tidy and organized and now it's a cluttered mess again with too many leftovers...so I'm proud to take a hit for household organization and cull whip cream.

J. and the family just left for San Fran for the game.  J. has a bright red ESPN jacket, a Monday Night Football hat and he even added a lanyard - so he looks like he's a retired sports guy of some time.  The retired part is true!  I'm sure they will have a blast - I said 'you could pass for Jim McKay' and J. said 'maybe, but he's dead'.  We just watched a TV program about him and I didn't remember he's gone....

It's just before 9 and when the dishwasher finishes running, I will be heading to my office for a bit.  I know...it sucks.  But it's got to be done.

I'm not sure if we are having family for dinner or not tonight - but if we are, it's going to be pizza!  Delivered!  To heck with the food budget!  It's only money and I can work until I'm 80 if I have to.  Right?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...