Monday, October 01, 2012

Fall!

It's October!  Can you believe it?  Pumpkin Spice latte anyone?

Doesn't feel like fall....at all.  But it's getting there.

I will be heading to work early today 'cuz I need to leave 'early' this afternoon (for me) to bake a batch of vanilla scones for a birthday celebration tomorrow.  Had planned to make the dough yesterday but didn't quite get to that.  Went to the store to procure the heavy cream and whole milk (these are not fat-free scones) but never got around to making the dough.  So later today will be a full on bake-fest!  Thank goodness there are leftovers from last night for dinner -

It's also a busy week 'cuz I am one of a group of folks hosting a 'system conversion' celebration event later this week for close to 100 people!  Thankfully, I have the help of my good friend R. who is a party planner extraordinaire.  Just a mention to her of 'hey, can you please help with decor, etc.' and she was ON IT - it's going to be super cute and fun.  I can't wait - mainly to have it over 'cuz it's been an undertaking - but it will be fun and there is no group more deserving of acknowledgement than all the folks that worked so hard getting us up and running - including my wonderful team at my district.  Still many things to learn and do but it's coming along.

Chloe is whining for her breakfast and I need to see if the cat is ready to come inside again before something startles him and he tries to crash through the screen door!  It's happened!  I try to keep a look-out for him but he's busy catting-about outside - and he's hard to see in the dark.  He's getting older (he's 14 1/2) but he still has the oomph to get outside for a bit most mornings.

Oomph.....time to give myself a boost of that as well.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...