Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Irritations

I just lost a great post and hope I can recreate it....not that it was stellar writing but it's something on my heart - and the damn palm of my hand touched the 'pad' and it was gone....

And I just got a call to thank me and 'W' for our support of [insert charity name here].  W. is my brother in law - all his mail comes here.  And they - they being the people out there that create calling lists and mailing lists - think W. and I have hooked up.  The company that sells extended maintenance and warranties on my car think it's my car with W.  And that charity that just called thinks it's W. and I that made a donation.  I said 'W. isn't my husband and I don't donate to that charity'.

So now they think we're divorced.  Will that stop them?  Probably not.

It's bad enough getting all the calls we get for us - the 'real' us that are married and live here...now we get more calls just for W. and now W. and his wife.  Which is creepy 'cuz I'm already married to his brother....

[W., if you read this you know I have absolutely no issue with helping you with your mail...and whatever else you need.  Always and forever.  Love, your sister-in-law....].

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...