Thursday, October 11, 2012

Retiring

for the night.  Not from work.  Wishing I could...and someday, my wish will come true....

I got my mojo back!  So glad.  Cloudy gloom and doom lifted a bit on Monday which then shifted the time continuum and the next thing I knew, I was back to my regular self.  Thank goodness....

I'm wearing a shirt today that I haven't worn in years - and it fits great!  I am losing weight!!  My only gripe is: I have saved and budgeted to get some really nice dress slacks - and I can't find any.  I am thinking I will go through my closet and get the pants I have altered.  I found a You Tube video on how to take your favorite pair of pants and make a pattern from them so you can sew your own....and I can see myself doing the pattern thing but then the buying material, cutting, sewing and dealing with a zipper is beyond my sewing capacity.  I know I could do it - but the angst and time just make it not worth it.  I just have to keep looking....and/or go for alterations.  Most of my pants belong in the Goodwill bin and if I look good, I feel good....so I am going shopping this weekend!

It's cold and drizzly today and I'm ready for creamy potato soup and snuggling under a blanket!  I am driving to Yolo County tomorrow for a workshop so will be leaving at 6AM to get there by 8.....I'm heading to bed shortly and it's only 7:30.  I'm sleepy - and best to sleep when I feel tired.

To my friend J. who emailed me today to get together for dinner in a couple weeks - I have no idea how you always know right when I need you, but you always do....and while reaching out to me seemed small to you, it was huge to me.  I miss you and have been thinking about you but when I'm in my 'shell', I just turn inward.  Thanks for emailing me....and I can't wait to see you.  We have a lot to catch up on, don't we!

One more day to a weekend!  Sleeping in!  Making homemade granola bars!  Cooking!  Napping!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...