Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Miscellaney

Is that a word?  Let me try to use it in Words with Friends and I'll let you know....eventually....

Various stuff to say - much ado about nothing at all, most likely.

Michelle Obama rocked the DNC last night!  Looking forward to tonight - and that's saying something since I don't really enjoy politics all that much.

It was cloudy with thunder most of the day today - and in the high 80's!  It finally rained a bit - big, huge drops - but it was so hot that the streets didn't get wet.  Enough water to need the wipers (and enough to give the car a decent rinse cycle) but no water on the streets.  It was so odd....I happened to be driving to a Dr. appointment during the major rain and was just amazed at how hot it was outside.  It sort of reminded me of Arizona monsoons - without the wind and dust!

I have work that I brought home - I'm using the kind of rolling 'bag' lawyers use - it's huge and holds an abundance of papers, file folders, laptop, etc.  It works and it's helping me not have acute shoulder pain from carrying an overstuffed laptop bag constantly.

The other day, J. asked me if I was watching "American Hoggers" on A&E.  Huh?  I guess it's logical 'cuz we do watch a variety of 'reality' shows - like Storage Wars and Texas Storage Wars.  But a show about hunting hogs - with family drama thrown in for good measure?  Um...no.  I'll pass.

Tonight, I discovered there's a Farmville 2....OMG....no!  I had to check it out but thankfully, I'm pretty good at resisting.  I rarely play FV anymore and my game play is way down these days...

Alrighty - that's it for this post - time to unplug this laptop and plug in my work one and get to getting to work!!  More work!!  Work never ends...

PS - I am taking off the week of 9/17 and with no firm plans, I am looking forward to lazy days.  Working around the house.  Lunch with friends and with hubby.  And sleep....so much sleep.  I want to sleep enough that I don't feel tired.  Will that happen?  Here's hoping. 

PSS - I won't turn this into a political post - but I have to say this:  if a candidate doesn't want us to see their tax returns, there's a reason for that.  I work in the public sector and transparency isn't just preferred, it's required.  It's not optional.  It is such a travesty that he won't release his tax returns - and there has to be a reason he won't.  He doesn't want the people in his party to see that he pays little to no income tax.  Doesn't want the average person out there, working their butt off to just stay 'even', to see that he doesn't pay anywhere near his fair share.  Consider that when you vote.  If you consider nothing else - and there are so many other things you could also consider - consider THAT.  You want a President who won't disclose tax returns?  You want HIM responsible for our country?  Really?

And don't even get me started on the oh-so-many women's issues.  Seriously.

God loves all of us - Mitt Romney included.  But God isn't bringing all these issues forward - God doesn't give a crap about any of that.  God wants us to be good to each other; be respectful; accept differences.  It appalls me to have this election becoming more about God than about the incredible struggles we still have as a nation.  I love God with all my heart - but He is not part of my politics.  He has nothing to do with my politics.  I use my brain for that.  I believe that's why God gave it to me.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...