Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ahoy Matey!

I love how J.'s birthday is shared with 'National Talk Like a Pirate' day...so he gets birthday greetings and 'swab the deck' and other assorted phrases throughout the day.  I just posted on Facebook 'happiest of birthdays and I'd walk the plank for you'.  So there.  Better than the greeting he got from his brother which was a 'with sympathy' card.  They share a unique bond of odd humor - always have.  Suits them....

My first from scratch carrot cake turned out yummy!  My french dip sandwiches were also good but they will be better tomorrow when I can take out some of the fat from the broth.

We went out for sushi today!  Well, I had sushi.  J. had teriyaki chicken and some of my Super California Roll that I'd removed the unagi from.  It was a treat....

Survivor! is on!  It's like Wednesdays are worth getting through again.

I slept in until TEN AM this morning - absurd....I'm like a young adult male who is adapting to just sleeping all day.  That will truly suck next week.

My lists of things to get done has taken a back seat to just true vegging - and I think that's what I needed so it's fine.  It probably won't be fine next week but for now, it's good.

Still four days left.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...