Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happiest Happy

Tomorrow, J. is embarking on the start of his 64th year - turning 63!  In honor of his special day, I am whipping up a carrot cake FROM SCRATCH!  It's his favorite!  And I am off this week so am cooking up a storm of lots of delicious stuff.  Tonight was 'from scratch' sloppy joes that were delicious and so, so much better than the canned stuff.

My throat is pretty sore from yesterday's procedure.  No stomach polyps this time - but he 'widened' my esophagus and also did a biopsy to confirm 'Barrettt's Esophagus'...which if I have, there's nothing they can do about it.  Just another reason to have the throat scope done annually.  It was pretty easy this time - I made a point of mentioning how I sort of 'woke up' during the last one and I didn't want to do that again - so they knocked me out quite well.  Came home and slept most of the afternoon.  I am eating but it hurts....making it an excuse to have Frappucinos and smoothies!

I worked around the study today - though you'd never know it.  It takes a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff to make a dent - and we continue to cull.  We made the HUGE decision to take the living room furniture to the dump.  It's hopeless and we're calling it an official 'stuff the cat ruined' and moving on. 

I was on the city website today to find out how long the dump was open because H. and his friend had been 'hired' to take the furniture to the dump in the friends' pickup truck.  And 'lo and behold - the city now does an annual 'by request' pickup of anything you want - INCLUDING up to two big furniture items and ten bags of trash - for free!!  So we're bagging all the cushions and putting the two couches out on the curb Thursday night and by Friday afternoon, I hope my car will be back in the garage!! 

We just won't have any living room furniture again until Klink is no longer here.  :-(  And at the moment, we are pretty sure he might outlive us all...he is 14 1/2 years old and showing just a few signs of 'age'.  He's still a character -

I think someone just knocked on the door only I didn't hear them - just Chloe scaring me to death barking her head off.  I'm so used to hearing people come in and out without a word (their names are B. and H.) that I feel constantly on edge - she over-reacts to the slightest noise and I never know who's here - or might be here....nerve jangling to say the least.

I am managing to be pretty much 'off' - I did check emails at the end of the day today and responded to a few.  Very few.  I think I will go in briefly this weekend just to get a jump start - but it's been nice to feel more 'checked out' than not.

We were thinking of heading to Jackson tomorrow but my frugality is making it hard to do that....and honestly, I would much rather just enjoy a day of being at home, making a nice dinner and working around the homestead.  And sleeping in!!

I'm off another week in October (at least that's the plan so far) so there's plenty of time for Jackson another day.  

Must tidy up some more....determined to get a grip on all this paper!!  Cleaning from the inside out takes awhile but hopefully, we'll have more space - the garage is definitely shaping up and I can't wait to have a car in there!!  Winter mornings will be so much easier without having to defrost windows!!



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...