Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last Day

Tomorrow is my last 'work' day of vacation - and I'm considering heading up to Jackson for a morning of recreation.  Need to feel like I've done something besides hung out at home.  "Staycations" are great but in some ways, I don't feel like it's been much of a break.  Not sure why.  I haven't obsessed over emails; haven't checked in often (barely at all, really).  Guess getting away works better....

Still, it's been nice to sleep in.  I realized that one of the medications I started taking for my sore hip has a side effect of 'difficulty falling and staying asleep' and I think that's why I'm sleeping in so long.  I don't actually fall asleep for a couple of hours lately (the past few days) which is when I started taking the new medication.  Hmmm.  So tonight, I will skip it and hopefully get to sleep earlier and stay asleep longer.  I was up by 9ish this morning, but could have easily gone back to sleep -

Tonight, we put out the ruined furniture and look forward to the 'wide open spaces' of the still-being-purged garage.  How did we acquire so much crap?  J. asked me the other day 'why do you want to get your car in the garage?'.  I have no idea why he's asking - but I answered honestly:  'because it's ridiculous to have a three car garage with ZERO cars in it!'.  True...so true. 

I have to admit that I miss work.  I miss the routine.  I miss a reason to get up early and get going....

J. seems to be adjusting fine to not having those reasons to get up and get moving....but maybe I'm not wired the same. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...