Sunday, June 03, 2012

Boys on the Go

All the men in my life are heading to the beautiful state of Montana and then to Canada for a few days of nature and family visits.  They will leave the house at 4:15AM tomorrow - a time that the two younger men are often just getting to bed.  That should be interesting....

I turn 52 tomorrow - it is most definitely just 'another day' in my book - though it does feel odd now that it's here to have my entire family leaving. 

The kennel we use went out of business so I don't have anywhere to take Chloe - so I will attempt to come home briefly mid-day to give her a potty break.  I am way behind on some critical work things so I absolutely will be working way into the night though thankfully, I can do a lot from home.  And I've worked the entire weekend this weekend as well - and thankfully, there's still next weekend though I do hope to be wrapping things up by Friday.  Next week will be board prep and it's a doozy of a list - so that will take up that week in the blink of an eye.

This is me in my hunker down mode - I work.  It's only a couple times a year that it's this 'bad' but it is what it is.  I have a boss I love who often forgets that all the 'mechanics' of our budget rest solely on my shoulders and he is scheduling meetings like crazy because he's out of the office for a few weeks.  He's actually out of the country - as we enter into the first round of construction projects for our bond. 

H. and J. are picking up Chinese food for dinner - my pick and eating at home was also my preference.  It's easy and quick and saves drinks and tip.  My frugal nature is kicking in big time at the moment.  The reality of J. not working is an adjustment and while most of the time I feel totally OK about it, there are other times when I get a bit nervous.  Still, I know we will manage.  We always have. 

My Kindle is sitting next to me playing Dawson's Creek episodes from the very beginning - for free!  Love Amazon Prime and love my Kindle.  It's great 'background' to crunching numbers and for me, it's the first time I've seen these - I started watching five years into the show...so seeing it from the beginning is great.

Time to post....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...