Monday, June 11, 2012

Shows!

In a (likely futile) effort to prove that we (I) do in fact have a life - one that doesn't involve sharpened number 3 pencils (they're the best!  They don't smudge!) and a 2 foot high 'pile' of adding machine tape cascading off the desk that is piled high with stacks of paper in so many colors, it's like a rainbow! - J. and I bought tickets for two shows at the Gallo Center for the arts next Spring.  Sure, it's a ways away - but we got front row orchestra and are seeing two favorite comediennes.  Jeanne Robertson and Kathleen Madigan.  We'll make a night of it with dinner, too!  And it's Gallo - so there will probably be wine.  Laughing hysterically with a small buzz will be great fun!  I am so proud of us!

I have a raging headache and still massive amounts of budget stuff to accomplish at home.  I'm considering getting up at 3AM but I know myself - these days, it is getting harder and harder to awaken that early.  I 'slept in' until 5 most days that J. was gone and it sort of 'spoiled' me 'cuz the 4:30AM alarm this morning felt like an attack on my frontal lobe.  I just couldn't do it - and slept really hard for 20 more minutes....so awakened groggy and confused.  Starting the day with a 'WTF' feeling is never a good thing - and most especially on a Monday.

Son #1 is going to MEPS - military speak for the medical exam phase of entrance into the armed forces - tomorrow and returning Wednesday.  Hopefully with a signed contract in tow.  I never imagined I would be hoping for that - but I am.  He needs to move to his next thing as soon as feasible.  It's long over due and past time for the young 'un to be out of the nest.  It's not a nest I'm thrilled about - but life is all about prioritizing what one frets about - and I'm not fretting anymore.  This is what he wants to do and though I don't think he's really going to like it much, I might be wrong.  And he has to make his own decisions, right?

Son #2 has a date tonight - and that's rare for him.  He sees many friends that are girls...but a 'date' is not typical.  He also has a job interview tomorrow!  Pray!  It's with a staffing agency that fills warehouse positions and we are very hopeful he will find something through this staffing agency. 

He also started summer school today - and when he realized that it is one semester of material crammed into six weeks of classes, four days a week, he texted J. with a text indicating his shock and dismay at having to work that hard....basically.  Still, he seems up for it - though I know he's praying he gets a job and it's full time 'cuz he and a friend are itching to get an apartment together.  Trust me when I say that's about as likely as a pig flying - but it's a goal.  And goals are good!

My goal is to get some work done so I can get to bed soon.  I am tired.  This weekend will be the first non-work weekend I've had in a month or more....I am so exhausted.  I want to just curl up in bed for a couple days and watch Kindle movies or TV shows all weekend.  That and take my sweetie out for a meal to celebrate Father's Day....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...