Saturday, June 16, 2012

Beautiful Day




I didn't take this picture - my friend G. did - it's from her backyard looking west....it's absolutely beautiful!

It was a hot, hot day today - J. and I spent an hour or so in the pool....floating around, staying cool.  I did my annual chore of scrubbing all the pool tile by hand with the little brush and scrubbing the stairs, etc. by hand.  The pool was 84 degrees - and while it felt a little 'cool' when first entering, it was perfect after that.  Very refreshing and fun.

The heat is zapping the energy of both of us.  I went upstairs to change clothes after swimming and ended up falling asleep for a little bit while watching TV!

This is the first weekend off I've had in a really long time...and it felt good to be 'lazy'.  To not feel compelled to be working - and also awesome to not be feeling guilty for not working.

J. and I are taking an impromptu trip in a week or so...a series of events that seem to be providing a relatively inexpensive get away for a few days.  We need it.  I want to celebrate his 'retirement' and give us both some time away from home and 'work'.  He will soon be permanently away from work - and that's something to just revel in for a few days.  And I seriously need a break....

There are a million reasons we shouldn't go anywhere or do anything....

But there are a couple really good reasons we should....

So we are.  One long week of work ahead and then a week of R&R.  Just the two of us.  I'm nervous about  leaving the kids at home 'alone'....but oh well.  It's a risk I'm willing to take.

We need this break.  Seriously need it.  To do as much or as little as we want.  Sleep all day if we choose.  Stay up late.



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...