Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Revenge

I convinced myself to spend yesterday home 'alone'. J. went to his office for the day and the boys were here but in and out. They slept most of the day so it was like they weren't home.

I read a couple blogs and one of them suggested the series "Revenge" on ABC. This person said they hesitated to get involved with another series - and how the subject seemed implausible to be maintained for a long term run. Then they watched some episodes on their laptop - all are available online free - and they were hooked.

So I spent the day working in the study and watched 6 episodes....multi-tasking all the while....and now I'm totally hooked, too! It's a great story and it's compelling and it really does draw you in and you can't wait to see what happens next!

I went in to work for a part of this morning - and then headed to the movie theater in Manteca. Lunch at Red Robin - a chicken teriyaki sandwich and a few fries. Then went to see The Hunger Games....and it was awesome. Disorienting in some ways - I'm not a big fan of the filming method - I spent the first 20 minutes concentrating really hard on trying NOT to focus. Impossible to watch without feeling topsy-turvy. It is intentional and it does truly sort of put you in the place of the main characters - thrown in to situations they can't imagine and are struggling to navigate. It worked - you feel just like them. It was a great movie....enjoyed every second. And I did have popcorn with fake-butter and water. No Milk Duds or Good 'n Plenty. No sugar. The treat was the lunch and I savored every bite.

I am now watching more Revenge - next Wednesday is a new episode so I want to be all done with old episodes by then.

Tomorrow is working at home (brought laptop and projects home) then heading to lunch with a friend in Pleasanton. Might drive to San Ramon to go to Whole Foods - curious to see what it's like and if shopping there provides any additional variety that I can't find here in terms of no dairy, etc.

Last night, I dreamed J. and I owned 'antennae farms' all over the place. We had to pack and move the antennae from one rooftop to another all day long. It was 'fun' (in the dream) and we were both in pretty great shape - they were big and bulky. But we are both a bit acrophobic so hanging out on rooftops was more than a little unsettling. I'd do the work and then sit, a bit paralyzed for a bit, before I could move down and climb back up to start on the next roof.

I know there's a message there....

I know what it is....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...