Friday, April 13, 2012

Lazy Friday

Last official weekday of the break...and that sucks as end of breaks always do. I did work yesterday and felt 'good' (relatively speaking) as I made voluminous lists and took the time to sort through the muddled thoughts in my head and put them on paper. Half the battle is prioritizing - knowing what must be done and in what order to accomplish things in their rightful time. I often realize that I don't take enough time to simply 'plan'...those quiet moments of writing down everything quickly and furiously and then chunking big projects into smaller, manageable tasks with priorities assigned. So having done that, I still feel overwhelmed and swamped - but in a more organized fashion! and for me, in particular, that's saying something.

We are taking Chloe back to the vet at 12:15 today. She was incredibly chipper and so much better for a couple days - but last night, she tossed her dinner and was clearly not well. This morning, she is heaving though managing to keep the food down. I'm worried about her - and she's worried about herself. Just like a 'kid', you can just tell that she's 'off'...her droopy ears and sad eyes make her look pitiful. So we'll go back and likely spend a fortune yet again for additional tests.

We had sunshine about an hour ago but a new storm has moved in and there are rain drops being blown into the window. It's been wild and crazy weather out our way - and the bay area as well. Glad that other than the vet and a hair cut this afternoon, I have no reason to be out in this bad weather.

I am heading into the kitchen for a major clean up and possibly baking some chocolate chip cookies - using almond meal, whole wheat flour, applesauce and vegan chocolate chips (no dairy). I think if I don't tell the boys what's in them, they will eat them enthusiastically. And then I might make some ginger cookies using the same method - I found crystallized ginger chips at Whole Foods and they are delicious! Can't wait to enjoy them in a cookie.

Tomorrow, J. and I head to Modesto for Mamma Mia and lunch. This weekend we absolutely, positively finalize our taxes and get those off the list of stuff to do. B.'s are quite complicated which stresses me out - and he has to pay (since I forgot he sold stock and owes capital gains on that) and of course, is a little short in cash at the moment so we have to cover his amount due for him. Oh well. Can't be helped.

J. is planning a trip to Montana and Canada with the boys in early summer....from the sounds of it, he is having to do a fair amount of convincing the kids to join him. It's complicated....schedules and vacations and other hurdles. I wish I could go - but summer's suck for me...and this one will be the longest since I took this job. A finance system conversion is no easy thing and I have warned the folks I live with that after this lovely Spring Break, it's all work, all the time from here on out....hoping for a week or two off in October, if I'm lucky. Long haul approaching. Duck and cover.

The boys are up so now the joy of cleaning the kitchen and baking is postponed. No way I'm going to do that with Family Guy gracing the TV. J. says 'put your ear phones in and your iPhone in your pocket and listen away while you clean' - but it's not the same thing.....even with two new, awesome albums to keep me toe-tapping, humming happy, there's no joy in cleaning with trash TV and two adult men lingering around. B. is cooking breakfast...and our next step in his culinary evolution is to learn that 'cleaning up' after yourself is not just tossing everything into the sink. Pans, dishes, etc. - no rinsing - just tossed and left for the 'maids'. I have been harping on 'behold the power of water' lately - and urging them to load the dishwasher as well as they both unload. We'll see.

1 comment:

Fitra2009 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...