Friday, April 13, 2012

Chloe Update

Another $600 later - three medications, more subdermal fluids to keep her hydrated. She had a fever this time, too. They ran blood work and took more xrays. We will get more info tomorrow. For now, they continue to think it's pancreatitis and perhaps the antibiotics that we finished a couple days ago fell short of clearing it up entirely. She just ate a little food and seems more 'chipper' than she has in a couple days - so we'll see. There are always a lot of terrible things it 'could be' but hopefully isn't. They did give her pain medication this time because she is clearly in pain - and also an anti-inflammatory to see if that helps settle things down. We really like the doctor and the office staff - and as expensive as it's been, we remind ourselves that it would likely be 20-25% more than that at the 'old' vet. And they don't give my silver-haired fox of a husband a 10% senior discount. I've never been more grateful for our age difference.

And no matter how bad she's feeling, if she looks at me or J., she wags her tail. We are her peeps - and with us, she is OK. No matter how terrible she looks or feels, she always has a tail wag for us. This vet's staff (like the old vet's) complimented her on how cute she is and how well she did. And out and about, in a room with total strangers, she never barked once! In our house - when the cleaning crew is here, for example - she's a barking lunatic. I guess in our home, she feels compelled to protect us....

We all went to pick her up after dinner at The Squeeze Inn - H.'s first visit there. I had tacos and they were DELICIOUS!

I'm thinking it's going to be two days of lots of coffee, etc. - between stuff for work, stuff here at home and our lunch and show tomorrow, it will be a jammed weekend. Trying not to panic about 'work'. But I am....

The boys are heading out to some party - rare that they are both attending the same event. Storms are still in the area - did you see the Yahoo pic of the lightening strikes on the Bay Bridge yesterday? Incredible! I always caution the boys (over, and over, and over) about being careful - designated drivers, call us if you need to, etc. - and tonight I added 'and if there's lightening, get inside'. The party is outside - not sure how that will work if it's storming. But I'm too rational of a mom...They humor me as they usually do - though I know they are rolling their eyes in their minds.

I found a new group courtesy of dooce.com - Of Monsters and Men - their album is a toe-tapping, sing along, brilliant mixture of sounds and words that I love. I love every single song - and that's a very rare thing. One of their songs played in the car as we went to dinner and B. said 'hey, I hear this song on the radio'...so glad they are getting airplay - they are from Iceland! Great tunes. Check them out!

I also have the album by Birdy - and love it, too.....mostly covers but I do think she has her own 'style' that comes through. Enjoying it very much and also listening to it over and over and over...as I always do when I love it. I even created a 'New' list on my iPhone so that I can just listen to the newest things that I've found...eventually, they will be replaced with others but for now, the things I've recently discovered are a favorite playlist. Again, thanks to the Internet 'cuz there are so many amazing groups out there that I might never know about without it!

OK - must get to work on taxes. Ugh. But they have to be done, don't they?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...