Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1001!!!

Hey, that last post was my 1,000!! Hard to believe! Here's to the next 1,000 -

Today is my sister's birthday. I looked for the reminder on Facebook and found none - so I sent her a message because everyone deserves a day full of birthday greetings on Facebook. It's a neat thing to see people celebrating. The first person to send her greetings after she updated her profile with the month/day was a former co-worker of mine from my corporate days. She's never met my sister but they are fast friends via Farmville! Fun....

I had lunch with another former corporate life friend who's now also working in education. We got to compare notes on the intricacies of a union work environment. Until you are in one, there is no describing it - and I say that without any intention of an ounce of judgment. It's just different. And 'government' jobs get a bad reputation but there are plenty of people who work harder in their 'state funded' jobs than most people in the corporate world ever will. I am so happy for her - that she's working full time doing something she really loves vs. toiling away in a dead-end job she didn't like but stayed in because it paid the bills. That's the best thing about the type of work I do - it is very rewarding. And I would much rather toil this hard for an entity that doesn't have a handful of people getting very wealthy off the prodigious efforts of others.

My friend has had quite a year and getting caught up sort of took my breath away. We are both feeling blessed that we have that kind of friendship - the kind that just picks up where we last left off - breathless gasps and holy crap's included....

After lunch, I ventured up the freeway a bit to Whole Foods. Thought of not going because I knew that if I went, I would spend money on things I didn't know I needed or wanted until I saw them. I made it out for just slightly over $25 - and was excited to find soy cheese, soy cream cheese and soy sour cream. I miss cheese and dairy and these options were worth trying. They aren't worth driving 40 miles for too often but once in awhile would be nice. The shopping center was absolutely jammed with cars - and a new Home Goods opened up there, too....had to park very far away, which in hindsight made not buying a ton easier.

Tomorrow is a work day...can't be helped. I am not setting an alarm but will likely wake up early anyway (have been) and just won't go back to sleep (also have been).

There are big rain clouds just east - saw lightening on the way home. There was also some rain - it's strange to be rained on one minute, then not, then again - like the clouds are just in certain places. When they unleash, though, it's a doozy. Good for the newly planted garden.

I caught up on Revenge - watched 16 episodes! Thank goodness for very few commercials and my ability to multi-task! Can't wait for a week from tonight when the next new episode is on! I am hooked!

Time for dinner making. Pesto chicken and whole wheat pasta. And a big salad!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...