Sunday, April 08, 2012

Happy Easter

The Easter Bunny left six Reese's Peanut Butter eggs and little peanut butter chocolate covered bunnies. He also left the thing that young adult men appreciate the most as a gift...cash, in cute little bunny themed cards.

Mr. Bunny also is giving each boy a full tank of gas 'on the house' with the only restriction being they have to wait until tomorrow and go to Costco to fill up - saves close to 20 cents a gallon over the Chevron price.

H. goes back to school tomorrow and B. starts his Spring Break. J. is working most of the week and I have decided to also work - tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday for sure. I will still sleep in so it will feel more like a break.

J. is helping me tackle the mess known as my desk - now time to wade through the carefully sorted stacks and file, shred, etc.

Dinner will be in process around 3 - B. is working all day so we are timing dinner to be around 5:15 when he arrives home. Ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole and brownies with homemade whip cream for dessert.

We are also planting in the garden a bit today - pondering how it is that the raised beds we built last year are now almost completely shaded by the trees next to them. Duh. Should have thought of that. Now not sure how anything will grow there -

I'm watching Courtship of Eddie's Father while I tidy up...I love that show...

A Facebook friend lost her only son in a car accident a couple days ago....I don't know her personally, but feel like I do. I've been hugging the boys extra tightly the past couple days; working hard on reaching out instead of pushing away. It's a lesson in the fragility of life and how you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Today we celebrate the certainty that this life is just temporary. The real life begins beyond this earthly existence. I really love that and while Christmas is my favorite holiday, this one is a very close second.

He is Risen!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...