Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh Canada!

J. and the kids are heading to Montana and Canada for a week in June. It's something J. has wanted to do for a long time. He has a cousin who lives in Montana - she is such a wonderful lady and she and J. are pretty close....considering they live many, many miles apart....

J. was considering driving - but the 'boys' weren't too keen on a 'road trip' of that length. That would require close to two weeks off to make it 'worth it' in terms of time in Montana and then time in Canada. Airfare was reasonably priced and they won't need a car thanks to his cousin. It will be a reasonably 'low budget' journey but at the same time, a trip to remember. We may postpone the cabinet re-do in the kitchen - which is totally fine 'cuz we're having a hard time finding someone to do something to the pantry that's reasonably priced - and that's OK. Memories worth making are worth the price.

I have imposed a 'no time off' rule this summer because of our system conversion - so there will be no trip(s) for me this summer. I am sad about missing what will undoubtedly be a wonderful trip but also grateful for a week of relative quiet. Me and work are long-time good friends and there's plenty of that to go around - most especially in the early weeks of June when I am building a budget, etc. So it's all good. I am happy as punch for them to be able to make the trip and OK with time alone. Thought about taking Chloe to the kennel for the week - but she's been so sick, I don't want to risk that she flares up again and they won't notice. It's like your kids - no one knows 'normal' for your kids better than you - and I notice her subtle behavior changes pretty quickly. So Chloe, Klink and I will hunker down - we'll eat a lot of (healthy) takeout and plow through mountains of work. I get so much done around the house when no one is here - so I'm looking forward to a productive week at home and at work...

Having Chloe at home will be the perfect reason to force myself to take a mid-day break and come home to give her a potty break and some play time. And I am far more disciplined about working at home when there's no one around...

It's been a busy week (as usual). It's just after 5AM and I am heading up to shower shortly. Long, long days ahead...

I am listening to Birdy on my iPhone. Love her album - and love how branching out away from 'main-stream' radio has uncovered such amazing talent and songs that I would never hear on the radio. I love the internet!

Chloe was up very early this morning and starving! Good sign! Her morning routine includes having pills cut in half or quarters to give her (one of them must taste like a dog treat 'cuz she eats it out of our hand). The teeny, tiny quarter of a Pepcid we hide in her food. She's done all of her morning 'stuff' and is curled up going back to sleep.

Wishing I could do the same....and in 16 hours or so, I will be....

PS - Blogger has changed things up again and frankly it sucks. I have to use html to get the posts to format correctly - and I know html is not rocket science but it's frustrating....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...