Sunday, April 29, 2012

Injurious Productivity

By 9:30ish this morning, I had already filled my car's gas tank, gone to Petsmart and exchanged $45 worth of bird supplies for dog and cat supplies, procured my iced tea rations, and was in my office. Getting up fairly early made easier by taking a needed nap later yesterday and even though I should have/could have had trouble sleeping, I did not. Slept great until 7 when it just felt like it was time to get up. That's sort of 'early' for a weekend.

Got much done at work and feel good about that, too - thanks to my hubby for helping me with a spreadsheet project last night - he's sure great at formatting and data entry. Still big stuff to do but progress was made so am glad about that. It will be a crazily busy week so I'm am attempting to get 'ahead' if that's possible.

While at the grocery store for a 'big shop', I left J. and H. tending the backyard. H. spent both nights and most of the weekend riding ATV's at Carnegie ATV park. He and friends spent both nights there - tent camping with at it's finest. He had a great time - but he's got to keep working 'cuz we are his income source. They are pruning the trees in the backyard - especially those that are keeping sun from our raised vegetable garden. They were strategizing and pruning away when I headed out to the grocery store.

I saw the bottle of hydrogen peroxide out when I came back in - and wondered about it - but assumed H. was cleaning his piercings. Then J. said 'we sort of had a little industrial accident' and proceeds to put his chin down and show me the huge bruise and gash on the top of his head. H. was trying to catch a branch with the pole pruner and didn't realize J.'s head was nearby. He swears he's OK but it makes me weak in the knees to look at it. I think he should go to the hospital just to get checked out - but then I've probably watched too many medical shows. I keep saying things like 'sub-dural hematoma' and will be worried all night about him. He swears he feels fine - it didn't bleed much - doesn't appear to need stitches. But on a head with thinning gray hair, it looks horribly serious.

I'm sure he will be fine. And I will still be watching him like a hawk. May be the first time in our marriage I wake him up because he's NOT snoring.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...