Saturday, April 16, 2011

Uncle Sam

Busy, productive day here.....including a nap! That's productive, right?

J. and I drove to Walnut Creek this morning to return the non-working food processor to Crate and Barrel. They were very nice about the return - no hassle. We went to The Container Store also and got a couple things - I'm reorganizing under all the bathroom sinks so storage bins, etc. are helping with that project. Also got a small box for H. to put all of his ear gauges in - they are currently stored in a long row on the bathroom sink. He's not wearing them anymore - letting the holes heal up. I just don't want the gauges sitting out forever. We had a nice lunch at Fresh Choice and then drove home. I napped a couple hours. It was a nice nap - and I haven't had one in a long time so I was due. I actually fell asleep while I was watching TV for a bit - just like I did last night....tired.

It's prom night for H. tonight so he got all dressed up in his black tux with a red vest and red tie. Red Converse sneakers (brand new) completed the outfit. He looked great! J. went and took a bunch of pictures at the City Hall fountains where all the kids gathered.

It sounds like they're having fun though their bus' sound system isn't working - so instead of driving down to Capitola for a night at the beach, they are at Pier 39 in San Francisco. They are waiting for a new bus but it sounds like Capitola is out of the picture....San Fran is a lot of fun and I'm sure they're having a blast. He's going to keep in touch throughout the night via texts - the after party and then spending the night at a friends house. He'll sleep all day tomorrow, most likely.

I've spent the afternoon (post-nap) and evening finalizing our taxes. Just finished submitting the e-file of ours - will e-file B.'s tomorrow. Now just have to get the money into the checking account to cover the payments which will be charged to our account on Monday. It was a very bad year tax wise - but I keep reminding myself we're so blessed to have the money to make the gigantically huge amount (three times what we paid last year). Next year will be better....

We also wedged in a little work outside - planted some spinach seeds and a bunch of flower seeds in the flower beds - just to see what will happen. J. did a lot of weeding - still much to do but things are shaping up out there. The pots are full of really pretty flowers - J. planted my Alden Lane Nursery purchases last week while I was in Anaheim. It's looking bright and cheery out there!

J. is playing music at church tomorrow. I'm planning to hang around at home waiting for H. to call to be picked up. I'll wedge in a little work stuff to be more prepared for the week ahead. It was a really hard week this week and I am hoping if I take a couple of hours to re-group tomorrow, it will help improve next week to a level that won't result either tyranny or mutiny - by me. I can always hope....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...