Friday, April 15, 2011

All My Children

Stunned at the news that ABC is cancelling not only One Life to Live (which in my opinion has been past it's prime a decade and a half, at least) but All My Children! Say it isn't so! Granted, I used to watch daily (taped it in my 20's but of course gave up watching it daily (or often at all) when I had kids).....if I'm home for some reason and happen to think about it around noon, I'll turn it on. I will miss it....and might start taping it again to see the 'wrap up' and 'reunion' episodes that will undoubtedly commence.

It's a fitting title for today's post - because all MY children are making me crazy. Bat shit bonkers, I think.....so preoccupied with stuff happening around them and their lives that I'm fragmented and forgetful - not a good combination...

I've felt off-kilter all week - and my boss let me know that it's normal, since I was out of the office all last week. It takes time to get 'caught up' and back in the groove...he's been very understanding this week of my scatter-brained self....

But it worries me. The things I'm forgetting are things I shouldn't. How do you know if you're just over-tired; or over-whelmed; or over-whatever....vs. getting old....vs. early onset Alzheimer's? 'Cuz I'm really worried that 'holy crap - what in the hell is wrong with me'....

It's Friday and it's early...and I'm 'retiring' to bed soon. I will sleep until I can't sleep anymore....and hopefully, I'll be back to my normal self after a couple nights of decent sleep.

As for the kids? Well - they're still here. Still being 'boys'/'men'. Still exhaustingly trying my patience.

It's so bad that J. sent me flowers. God bless J. He tries so hard to help with everything....and when he realized that I'm officially at my wits end with 'all of the people I live with', he did the only thing he could think of: he sent flowers. They are beautiful. I am still a cranky bitch - but he tried.

It's a beautiful sunny weekend from the looks of things - so here's hoping I snap out of my funk....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...