Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal

I am so happy that our Spring Break is coinciding with the royal wedding - I will be up and watching the entire event...albeit alone. No one else in the house even remotely interested in watching with me...even with promises of freshly baked scones and good English breakfast tea. Oh well. Their loss. I watched William's mother marry his father oh those many years ago and I will do the same for him. And count my blessings - from a three room flea-bag 'apartment' (my first after moving out of my brother's house) to where I am today is quite a gift, really. I'll greet the sunrise in my lovely home and watch our garden wake up.....can't wait! I am so excited - it's stupid, I know....but I've always loved 'the royals' and this is a big occasion. I'm also confident this marriage will fair better than his parents. I hope....

I've been off a bit this week - wedging in some meetings as needed - but mostly off. Working outside a lot and feeling the satisfaction of the backyard looking a little bit more 'well-tended'. Now on to the front. Have promised myself I will be out their daily from now on - sometimes for an hour at a time. Or just minutes. But little by little is a good way to proceed in most things and it's true for gardening.

I have some posts in draft stage - and lost one of them entirely through an odd 'touch' of my laptop palm pad.....and sadly, the minute I hit that button, Blogger did an 'auto-save' - so I totally lost it....it was a hard post to write and now it's even harder to recreate it....so that will take some time....

Baby shower this weekend for Bug....have enjoyed shopping for her little blessing....

J. is also off a few days this week and we are heading out to buy a new office chair for me. The one I'm using is making me very sore and uncomfortable and while I don't want to spend the money for a new one, we must.

Boys are sleeping. It's only 10:30 and that's still 'early' for them -

Praying for those in the south - tornadoes must be terrifying.....I can only imagine.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...