Wednesday, April 06, 2011

On the Road

Ahhh...the days of business travel revisited....traffic....rushing....sleeping in a strange room...multiple suitcases and/or bags...navigating pedestrians galore with the usual city traffic....wishing I was a hotel room designer so I could eliminate things like an alarm clock which flashes the time constantly - and also has a snooze button that is bright enough to use as a global tracking device. I had to put a pillow over top of it to keep it from bothering me every time I turned over towards it. You can't move it - it's bolted to the table.....

The trip down yesterday was quick and uneventful. I stopped at an out of the way Chevron station to refuel and dared to use their restroom - and it was spotless!! One other stop at Starbucks and I was here by 1PM - in my room getting settled. I kind of liked traveling in the early morning hours....it was fun watching everything wake up.

This morning, I'm heading to San Clemente to visit a vendor - then back here to register for the conference and then hopefully a quick trip to one of the parks later today. I still have a couple board prep items I'm working on (it's only Wednesday....I keep telling myself that....) which I will hopefully finish this evening so I can cross 'board meeting prep' off my to do list and then just enjoy the conference.

The Anaheim Marriott is lovely - and they have a Starbucks in the lobby! So it's heavenly. Iced teas in the PM and skinny vanilla lattes in the AM. Life is good!

I meandered around the nieghborhood via car and found an Albertson's - our old 'reward' card still works (by phone number!) so I bought yogurts, fruit, bottled water and a box of crackers for my evening 'munchie'. Yogurts and fruit for breakfast and/or snacks. There's a mini fridge here, too....

I miss the family and know I will miss them even more the minute I officially enter the parks. It's not the same without them...

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...