Friday, August 01, 2008

Japan

I love eBay. I don't peruse it often [because if I peruse it, I will find things I didn't know I needed until I starting perusing eBay] - but I love it. You can find ANYTHING on eBay.

In a post awhile back, I fretted that my powder foundation had been discontinued a long time ago - I bought all we could afford of the product and have been using it for a couple years - awaiting the company's making of a replacement. Of course they would. I had no doubt. And years have gone by and they STILL have not replaced that 'line' - a powder foundation.

So one day, just because, I entered the product name 'DHC Powder Foundation' in the search on eBay. And Eureka! I found it! In Japan! and I 'bid' (used the 'Buy it Now' option so basically just bought it) and it arrived today and it is fantabulous! [No, that's not a typo. It's my word for fabulously fantastic!] Perfect! And the packaging matches some of the packaging I've seen on the US version of some 'new' products (blusher, eye shadow, etc.) so I do have hope that they will (eventually) roll this product out here. It is fantastic - excellent coverage, not heavy or 'cakey' - it's just so great. I emailed the seller (who has the product still available at the same Buy it Now price) to see if she has 2 of the shade I need - and I will order it if she does. That should get me through until the US version rolls out. I'm so glad. I know it's ridiculous - but it's the best coverage I've ever had in a 'foundation' product and I have been spending a fortune trying other brands (Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc.) and haven't found a single, comparable item ANYWHERE.

I received a letter from my doctor advising that 'your lab results are back - please call to schedule an appointment'. That's code for 'you have bad blood - get in here'. Thankfully, it's just my cholesterol - which isn't 'new' - and I am so relieved that it's not diabetes, 'cuz I was absolutely expecting it. We have increased my Lipitor, added another medication (Zetia) and fish oil (ugh!) daily. To his credit, my Dr. did not go into the weight issue (though he could have) nor the 'exercise more' or 'eat better'. I know I need to work on all those things and I am ready to try. The weight is bad - I'm having joint pain all the time, in knees, hips. I know I have to lose weight. It's just so dang hard. Medifast works. I'm going to give it another try and see if I can get past the 'hump' - where I miss chewing. And I miss 'crunch'. And if I can stick with it for a couple weeks and start to FEEL better, and see that I'm losing (pants less tight, etc.), it will get easier. And I know exercise is critically important. And I'm going to try to find something I can do that's relatively low impact. Maybe back to the Wii Fit - it was fun and easy and while I can't say it's a great 'workout', it at least gets me up and moving, which is what is needed.

I know, you've heard it all before. I know. I've said it to myself a million times before. It's the pits, huh? As you age, the weight just creeps on and on and on....and you can't stop that cycle easily. I lose. And then I gain it back. And once I passed 45 years old, all the weight I've lost that I'm gaining back goes directly to my middle. It's horrible. It bugs me sooo much!

We are doing back to school shopping tomorrow. I feel like we're living out in the middle of nowhere 'cuz we are making a 'day trip' to go to Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton, shop and have lunch out and then get back here in time to pick up our weekly produce order before the health food store closes. And then I'm planning to work most of Sunday. It will be a busy weekend! BUT, I DO most DEFINITELY get to sleep in for two days in a row, which is a nice thing.

Time to get moving. Even if it's just heading upstairs to get to bed shortly.

1 comment:

DLB said...

You can do it, Majah!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...