Friday, August 15, 2008

Fake

OH MY GOSH - Pepe is a fake. A complete, total fake. THAT'S why the blog was taken down so quickly. THAT'S why shortly after posting here last night, I returned to find her writing a 'comment' saying she would keep the blog open - and within a half hour of THAT discovery, the blog had been switched to 'invitation only'. There were comments alleging she is a fake. I just can't believe I was duped - and thankfully, unlike many others, I didn't 'contribute' for her medical care or for 'treats' for her to make her hospital stay better. Thousands of people donated in the Fall of '07 to get her a Wii for Christmas. Over $700 was raised then - and that was almost a year ago.

Here's the story of the reveal: http://www.exposetrolls.blogspot.com/

It's a good lesson in 'trust your gut'. Some parts of the story seemed implausible to me, but you think 'well, I'm not a medical expert...., etc.' But it seemed highly unlikely that a girl with all the serious post-transplant issues outlined in the last 42 days would be placed back on the transplant list for a second set of lungs - when she had allegedly developed heart failure and heart damage. Seemed unlikely. So I was 'right' - or rather, my gut was - but I didn't listen.

There are a lot of really pissed off people today and I join them in sharing their anger and disgust at being scammed. I hope the individuals who perpetuated the fraud are prosecuted - though that's unlikely also.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...