Friday, August 22, 2008

Hybrid

is in the driveway! It's a pearly white with tan leather interior. Has a moon roof that fully 'retracts' - or pops open in the back for fresh air without the big hole above your head. It's loaded with all kinds of gadgets, including 'live' navigation (meaning it not only tells you how to get where you're going, but alerts you to any highway/freeway incidents along the way), Sirius Satellite radio, Bluetooth for hands free phone, etc. I could practically live in the car for the next few days and still not know everything I could know about the car.

We were at the dealership from 6PM until 9:30PM. Since I'd been up since 4AM, I was wiped out. Filling out the forms was so hard - seriously, I felt a million years old. Too much to remember. Like I couldn't remember the address of the place I last worked before my current job. The paperwork took a long time - which I knew it would and yet still felt shell shocked at how long we were there. I was/am exhausted. We got a great rate from J's credit union - good old Tucoemas - no one can remember how to spell it, but once you're a customer, you never forget. Great rate, and it's all 'done' - the dealer can now go through a credit union network and get the loan approved through them electronically. All we had to do this morning was call the credit union, give them our savings account # and they set up an automatic debit for the payment - AND we added some to the monthly amount to force ourselves to save more of my recent raise.

It's fun to drive and the music features are awesome. I can 'store' my mp3 files on flash drives and use those to listen to music. OR I can plug in my iPod. OR I can select one of the dozens of Sirius stations. OR I can listen to regular music. OR...I could plug in an amplifier and make my own music. The car has a 110v plug - I could dry and/or curl my hair! WOW, that would have really come in handy when I had long hair - I could have heated my hot rollers in the car! Oh well.

It was a 'bad' evening because the boys were home arguing non-stop. I lost count of the number of phone calls we had. It was embarrassing...to see my husband attempting to get a kid on the other end of the phone to quit yelling long enough to find out what's happening. It's insane. I'm not sure what we're going to do about them. It is bad. It makes me so angry and fed up - and then you realize 'and there's not a damn thing I can do about it'. True, I could leave the house - and I want to much of the time. The happiness here is shrouded in the walking on eggshells required to keep peace. It's ridiculous. And I feel angry that we're sitting here, working our asses off to provide so much for two kids who are incredibly selfish and disrespectful of each other - and therefore, of us. It irritates me no end. It makes me sad. I don't expect them to always get a long - I know they won't. But what is going on in this house and between them a good portion of the time is inexcusable. It's bad behavior times a million.

They are getting on my last nerve. I am already so stressed out about work - I just can't handle anything else. Seriously.

OK - J. got my phone to sync with the Bluetooth so I'm going to drive to the bank and phone home as a test.

The only thing missing on the car is the feature that allows you to program a button to open your garage door. Thankfully, J. found a garage door opener which we haven't used in five years since we bought the Honda. It works. A bit 'old fashioned' in my book, but it'll do.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...