Sunday, November 27, 2016

Departures

I left my family home dozens of times in my life - I traveled to Phoenix for pretty much every major holiday through most of my college years - and I never remember feeling emotional when it came time to leave and go back to 'my life'.  Not once.  I was far more likely gleeful to be back 'on my own' with no judgmental people hanging around criticizing my every move.

Ahh....memories.

B. is totally emotional when he leaves here and I am simultaneously so emotional myself - it's a hard thing, these departures.  We give each other huge hugs, big "I love you"s and he's off - and this time, we feel even more bereft 'cuz we're not sure when the next scheduled time together will be.  He's off on a bunch of trainings, etc. - and at the moment, he thinks 'late next year' may be when he's home again.  So this time next year.  An entire year.

That can't be.

Maybe we'll head to Nashville for a long weekend in late Spring - post cruise.

H. is still in bed - he actually was in bed all day yesterday - not feeling well.  Had a bad night of little sleep so slept most of the day.  I saw him briefly as I headed up to bed last night.  I hope he's feeling better.  He and his brother were planning a day of hanging out together but that didn't happen - and I think B. was pretty disappointed about that.

I'm going to get another cup of coffee, something to eat and then hop in the shower.  Need to work a longer day today.  These darn reports take so much time and I'm at the point where I feel like I'm getting closer to 'done' and then I realize there's still so much to do.  There's always so damn much to do.  

Job security!

No comments:

Cooked

Actually cooked something for dinner this evening - trying to do a better job of using what we have and planning meals.  It's a small th...