Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Not a Lazy Sunday

J. is heading out the door for church band...it's his thing.  I write the donation check, place it in our donation envelope and send him on his merry way.

God and I are worshiping together privately these days.  Well, I worship - He listens.  Anyway....

I am enjoying the extra hour of leisure provided by the 'fall back' of Daylight Savings time.  As usual, J. sets his clock back but I don't set mine back so I spend all night awakening and having to 'do the math' about what time is it exactly?  I will set my clock back tonight for sure so my alarm is correct.

I'm heading into work shortly - where I spent all day yesterday as well.  I have huge budget issues looming and I think (during my early morning ruminations) figured out an 'approach' that will help. Fingers crossed.  I'm supposed to be attending a conference all day tomorrow but I already told my boss 'no, not happening'.  Guess the three + days of jury duty set me back further than I anticipated - combined with more moving parts this year than ever.

Backing out the settlement our teachers didn't approve combined with more staffing changes between budget and now than ever in my tenure as C B O has resulted in some really massive budget revisions.  It truly is a lot of moving parts and I spent yesterday puzzling over them and working to unravel them - more of the same today.

My brain feels tired already.

November is officially here and we (so far) haven't turned on the heater.  I have pajama pants on but bare feet and a tank top on - I read that sitting in the cold burns calories so I'm letting my body 'work' at staying warm.  Won't be able to do that much longer, though - 'cuz it's getting cold outside for sure.

Only two weeks away from a week off for Thanksgiving - can't wait!  B. will be home, too, which makes it super special.

I do hope to be mostly off that week which is another reason I'm putting in weekend time now vs. then.  Fingers crossed.

I'd better get to it instead of talking about getting to it -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...