Sunday, July 03, 2016

Much To Report

This week flew by at lightening speed.  Having B. home leads to a lot of activity - comings and goings.  This morning, he and J. played music at church - second week in a row for B. and he still has his mad drum skills.  I waved his drum sticks at him and he said 'are they a wand? ' - I said 'no, these are' and pulled out the for BEAUTIFUL wands my cousin sent me - one for every house at Hogwart's School of Wizardry.....

Upon their return from church, J. made waffles and we had chicken and waffles for brunch. I made a batch of chicken strips on Friday - B. pronounced them the 'best chicken I've ever had'.  The boys went back to bed - and I decided a nap was in order, too - so it's been a lovely, low-key lazy day around the homestead.

I enjoyed some of Thursday off, all of Friday off and am off tomorrow for the 4th of July holiday - so it's been nice to have some real, true down time.  I've been mostly lazy but with some stuff thrown in..have made steady progress on the study but as always, it's a process.  One thing leads to another and before I know it, I'm cleaning out drawers and cupboards.  It will get there.  It's been pretty neglected for quite awhile so it's only logical it won't be tidied from the inside out for some time.

Plans for our end of July vacation changed again - we've decided to skip Vegas and instead, are driving up to Reno with a day trip planned to Tahoe.  I realized that I was sort of 'nervous' about the trip to Vegas 'cuz finding a home we absolutely love well before we're ready to make any move seems futile?  I feared I would get my heart set on making the move and we're just not ready to do that quite yet.  H. being the primary reasoning behind our pulling back a bit.  We do plan to look at houses in Reno but that's mainly just an activity that's less expensive than slots.  We're staying at the same hotel outside of town I always stayed at when I'd make my annual 'kid-free, husband-free' trip up there in the early days of our marriage - has a really nice pool - we'll spend time lounging a good chunk of each day, time gambling (some) and drive around exploring.  It's a much easier drive than Vegas and far less wear and tear on our bodies.

Vegas will happen - someday.

B. will be heading home next Saturday so we're planning how to wedge in a few more things.  Dinner together Wednesday night - driven by the $2 margarita nights at our new favorite Mexican place.  J. and B. played golf yesterday and are planning to play again Thursday this week.  And I'm spending two nights up in Lincoln - Thursday and Friday - totally free.  Worked out well 'cuz I have a workshop in Sacramento on Friday morning - so I'll already be up that way and only 1/2 hour away vs. 1 1/2 hours away - and then another fun evening at the resort.  Home in time on Saturday do say goodbye to B. as he treks to Nashville and then to his new duty station at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.

It's a pensive feeling sending him off to a new place - though I know he will be fine.  He's a mature 25 years old now - and he will do well.  Ft. Campbell is currently the base sending troops to Afghanistan so him being deployed is a possibility.  I secretly pray 'no' but he wants to go....I still pray 'no'.  What will be, will be.  No amount of worry or fretting will change that -

OK - back to working on the study.  I've got a Goodwill box and a library box slowly gathering 'stuff' to get rid of.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...