Friday, July 22, 2016

Vacation! Coming Soon to a Location Near You -

Holy Cow what a week....I arrived home after working all day (my vacation was to start today but didn't) and J. said 'Hilary was supposed to announce her VP selection but with the Munich thing....' and I said 'what Munich thing?'.  Another mass shooting in a mall.  The mind can't process it, really...another one.  Over and over.  What is wrong with us?

There was a major snafu at work yesterday that was discovered around the time I was going to pack up and tidy my desk in preparation for being off.  Detective work, tracking down my boss and having him call me (he's on vacation this week into next), letting him know what happened and how/why.  He wasn't pleased - to say the least - but I just assured him that I was going to contact the causal company and hopefully work out an agreeable solution.

Then I hung up the phone and freaked out (just for a couple seconds) 'cuz the issue was HUGE and happened on my watch.

Backup to last Tuesday at the conference 'cuz I've had stomach issues since then.  Eating causes pain pretty much 'everywhere' in my gut - stomach, intestines, etc. - I'm eating as mildly as I can and hoping that the delicious but somewhat spicy sloppy joes we had on Tuesday night are the culprit...but I ate only white rice for dinner last night - and was miserable all night, pretty much.

So needless to say, yesterday's events didn't help much.

On a hugely, incredibly positive note:  what a great team of people I work with these days.  Once I spoke to the company and we agreed to a plan of action, my entire department jumped into action and we spent the day playing 'computer box Jenga' in one of our workrooms.  Returning units back to their boxes - and we're talking > 1,000 units to rebox....no small task.  Progress was made and I was so impressed with the group - full of good humor, fun and so hard working - I was impressed by all of them and we had a pretty fun day working our butts off.

And the company is bending over backwards to fix the issue - within 15 minutes of my initial conversation, I had a phone call from a higher up promising me they were going to make it right.  It was an error on their end that started the snowball that's been building up for a couple weeks and he promised he will fix it - and he's driving to Tracy on Monday morning to be there for my team and help in any way he can.

J. and I have a fun weekend planned - we're going to Napa tomorrow afternoon/evening to see Ingrid Michaelson at Robert Mondavi Winery.  J. has a full day of getting H. a rental car and then taking the dogarini to the puppy spa for the week.  We leave for Reno/Tahoe on Monday morning and I can't wait.

Why does H.need a rental car?  Because H. had ANOTHER accident and wrecked J.'s old Camry.  We are still awaiting the final determination re: is it totaled or repairable.  I was so angry, I couldn't speak to H. for a couple days....just irritated that he's careless and he's damaged property (ours and others) four times in the past 8 months.

On a great note, H. aced his math class - he's top of the class with a 98% - thus proving that when he puts his mind to it, he can do it.  He's psyched and excited about the Fall semester and we think he's less than 10 classes away from his A.S. - which is awesome.

It's (finally) after 8PM - I've been fighting sleep since 4 - so I'm heading up to bed - not great sleep the past week and last night was almost zero sleep so I'm ready for a good rest and sleeping in a bit in the morning.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...