Thursday, June 23, 2016

Post Budget

My 10th district budget was approved on Tuesday and yesterday passed in a blur of stuff.  I am off today but will work tomorrow and hopefully, get everything done by 4PM that needs doing so I can move a day off next week from Tuesday to Monday.  J is heading to Monterey on Monday morning (early) for golf with his brother and B. is heading across the bay for fun and golf with his friend C.. I really don't like Chloe being home alone most of the day - she just needs a little TLC these days as she's aging and with her diabetes.  She drinks a lot therefore she pees a lot.  And I prefer she pee outside.  Normally, I would just arrange my schedule and come home a couple times but B. will have my car so I'm car less all day - so I'm going to try to just not need to be in at all on Monday - which will solve the car problem.  I arranged for a ride home with a co-worker but it's a bit much to ask even the closest friends to let me borrow their car and/or schlep me home a couple times that day.

I don't really like Mondays off (unless I'm off the full week) but oh well.  I am going to do my best to arrange it 'cuz I can be home here and keep Chloe company.

My day has been spent idling away - I feel 'sleepy' having slept in until close to 8 - I know the answer to that is to get up at my regular time and I almost did...but I got myself back to sleep and the 3 hours 'extra' were full of those strange twilight sleep dreams and such -

I'm ready for a nap but resisting since I have to be up early tomorrow to go to work.  A nap might make it hard to sleep tonight and that's a 'no'.

We are considering watching GoT....but....B. was right.  At our Perko's breakfast his first day here, he mentioned that he heard his Dad and I were fans - and he said he just hadn't been able to get into it 'cuz he'd heard characters die a lot.  And then sure enough - a key, beloved character DID die in SEASON 1 - and I was sort of like 'really?  I had just gotten to know him and loved him already and now he's gone'?

We've watched one or two episodes in Season 2 but holy cow - there's just so much death...bloody, gory death.  J. says 'it's the middle ages' and I know that...but...I'll have to just keep trying.  But you do end up feeling 'unsettled' about getting too attached to any character 'cuz in this show? All bets are off and they may very likely die.

(I've read ahead in episode synopsis so I have some idea...I know...but if you've read this blog at all historically, you know:  I like to know the end of the story when possible.  Sitting on the edge of my seat just isn't my style...).  I have really (I promise, J.!) only read ahead one or two episodes at the most...and thanks to the news, I know one of my favorite characters just renewed her contract for the 7th and 8th season so...I can look forward to knowing she will be alive for a bit longer.  I love Daenarys.

Looking forward to my second weekend fully off in months - and then off next weekend for FIVE DAYS in a row - thanks to the 4th of July holiday being on Monday.  Off Thursday and Friday before the holiday weekend.

Trying to use my carryover days before August....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...