Saturday, June 04, 2016

Email Overload (Among Other Things)

There are currently 6,393 unread emails in my personal email box.  I can't keep up.  Never will be able to keep up.  I'm madly unsubscribing from everything possible and am still getting 100's of emails daily.  Thankfully, it's easy to clean them out - most are deletes that don't even require opening. Facebook has eliminated the need for correspondence via email for the most part - so most are just from places I've shopped.  Just stuff.

The point to that rambling opening paragraph is just an observation that I'm a teeny, wee bit on overload at the moment.  Maybe way overloaded.

We are watching America's Got Talent and cracking up - people are both nuts and incredibly creative.

I am officially 56 years old today.  On the downhill side of approaching 60.  Hard to believe but it's true.  I worked most of the day so not a lot of 'fun' - though birthday greetings from family and friends is/has been fun.  We had Chinese takeout for dinner and I managed to get to a hair salon get a very needed haircut.  My stylist moved to a salon in Pleasanton and I've been trying to get in to Super Cuts - but I went back to JCPenney and met a very new stylist (she's been in the salon for four weeks).  She was very careful and meticulous and while a little slow, it was a nice time and I really like her.  So yay!  I've got regular hair styling in my future.

I'm heading to bed very shortly so I can get up and head to the office early in the morning - and then I'm going to venture to Jackson for a little fun.  There are THREE - count them - THREE - free play offers for tomorrow and that tri-fecta of free money to play with is enough to get me back there for a few hours.  It won't be a marathon day - but it will be a nice break from non-stop work.

Every budget cycle each year is hard but this one is really kicking my ass.  I am so exhausted that I'm struggling to think - and that's not a great thing in a process that has a gazillion moving parts.  I chatted with a friend at work today (she's in another district) and felt so grateful to have someone out there who knows EXACTLY what it's like.  We encouraged each other and I felt better about where I am only because she's got the same board meeting dates as we do and she's quite a bit behind where I am.  So I felt like 'well, I think I must be going to make it, then'.  Hope so.  Of course, I didn't say 'wow, you are really far behind'...I just encouraged her the way she encouraged me and we both know from much experience: it will get done.  It always gets done.

I was just about to say that America's Got Talent didn't have any creepy, scary acts on this year so far..only now there is one and it's gross....I don't think being able to put a pair of scissors up your nose is talent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Luv,
J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...