Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Milestone

Today, I celebrate making the last car payment on my car!  Yippee!!  And also celebrating that the car only has 54K miles on it so it's pretty likely it will run for awhile longer.

Plans to put that amount into savings each month - and/or paying down the swimming pool.  Little by little, we whittle away.

My brother-in-law is having major surgery today - so my thoughts will be on him and my sister pretty much most of the day.  A day to just quietly toil away in my office whittling away on things there, too.  Praying for a good result - the surgery will be 6-8 hours with 2-4 in recovery and then ICU for a few days followed by a week or more in the hospital.  Long journey ahead.  It's times like these I wish I lived in Arizona.

More thoughts simmering but will refrain for now.  Too early to put on paper all the things swimming in my head about the state of things in our world right now.

Second cup of coffee sounds good.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...