Monday, August 18, 2014

Followings

I made reservations for a trip to Phoenix - my aunt is turning 90 (!) in November and we're all going to celebrate her special day.  B. is meeting us there, too - hopefully around the same time our flight arrives so we can deal with the airport only a couple times during our brief stay.

I booked our hotel through a popular travel website - and even though I've booked and prepaid for our entire stay, this morning my Facebook feed was full of suggested places to stay.  And since I actually visited several of those popular travel websites, I have feeds from them, too.

It's like Facebook follows your every move.

I think it's safe for me to officially mention that B. did indeed get promoted up a rank - his paycheck reflected the change in status.  We Skyped with him yesterday.  They are gearing up to head to Cali on September 1st and are traveling by a 'coach' bus.  Long trip but guess it's a lot less expensive vs. flying a ton of guys out to an airport that is a ways away from where they will be stationed.

Always good to talk to him.

H. finishes radiation today and is gearing up to find a job.  I thought/assumed he would stay on disability through the end of December but he said 'I've got things I want to do' and he needs a job to do them.  I just worry that his appointments, etc. will lead to him being fired over and over and over.  These days, his work will likely be temp work and absences get you gone.

Yesterday was the laziest of days. I stayed in my PJ's all day.  It was awesome!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...