Sunday, August 24, 2014

Family Fun

We all headed up to Jackson this afternoon and I am pleased as punch to report that we had a really fun time together.

J. & H. had quite a hot streak at the craps table and while I ended up slightly down in my slot action, I didn't do too badly, either.  We came home ahead of what we took to lose and we had so much fun!  Pretty drive, nice dinner and a great time playing - with slots a little more loose than on Friday evenings, I think.

I voiced my opinion again at the players club window that the bingo pull tabs that have compelled me to head up there weekend after weekend in August have been pretty much a bust.  $10 food credit times four is the current count.  I said that because they offer weekly free play to members just to get us up there, I never imagined the prizes wouldn't be more free play - and am more than a little disappointed to have 'won' absolutely no free play.  Just free food.

Still, we have had fun and I plan to go up next Sunday for the final Bingo tab event.

It was hard to leave a very hot machine on a Sunday evening but I had to 'cuz I wasn't alone and the guys were ready to go.  If I return next weekend and find someone won the progressive after we left, I will be upset....though the odds of that are pretty slim.  Still, the machine felt 'hot' (like it did the night I won a lot of money on it) and it was hard to stop.

H. is pleasant company - good conversation.  It's so fun to hear him laughing as he watches some crazy video on his phone.  He is always so inquisitive about everything.

I was thrilled to have two one hundred dollar bills in his wallet - a good evening for him.

I didn't work a bit this weekend and I still feel confident I will be totally OK.  I am pretty much 'done' with my big report - just double/triple checking.  And I did take time last week to cull out and reorganize stuff so things are tidier and filed, which always makes me feel lighter, somehow.

Smite is our new family verb.  It's defined as 'striking' (hitting) but we sort of use it in the context of 'getting you' vs. hitting.  We don't hit...ever.  H. used it in a sentence a few weeks back....and it's sort of become our 'go-to' word.

Both H. and I now have been smited by some stomach bug.  I am relieved 'cuz it helps me worry about H. less to find myself also frequently hurrying to the bathroom.  A bug is just a bug and we will be better in a few days.  Vs. something seriously wrong with H. that needs attention.  It's just a bug, I think.

Monday....you smite me.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...