Monday, July 07, 2014

Kids Will Be Kids

Even when they're adult kids.

It's been a really wonderful day and it's been hugely fun to hear the boys having fun together.  They're playing video games and joking around.  It's been a long time since they've done that.  They laugh just like they did when they were little -

I asked for one of them to take the dog out and I hear some kibbitzing and then B. does it.  I think H. plays the 'I have cancer, dude' card using visual hints only - and it works.  It's hugely nice to hear H. laughing.  I'm sure he laughs when he's with friends (I hope he does, anyway) but I haven't heard him laugh in a really long time and it sounds lovely.

We are heading to dinner at our favorite Mexican food restaurant around 5 and we will all be going - it's also been a very long time since we were all out to dinner together.

I suggested going to the Stanislaus County Fair Friday or Saturday and there seemed to be support of that activity as well.  I'm ready to spring for fair food and fair activities - a final fun day before B. heads back to El Paso on Sunday.

It's always hard to see him go but it feels especially hard this time 'cuz he's not sure when he'll be back. Hopefully Christmas - but he's not sure of training schedules for things he's planning so we'll just have to wait and see.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...