Wednesday, June 11, 2014

United III

A huge thank you to United for refunding our full tickets.  Such a relief.  By the time you added 'change fee' and 'cancellation fee' from our ticket price to a new trip, there would have been very little value left.  So happy to have that 'done' and off the list.  Now, we can see if a trip to the beach in October is feasible.  I'm hoping we can.

Had a nice chat with B. on Facebook last night - he's still out on maneuvers - they are doing shifts...so we haven't heard from him much and are never sure where he is and what he's doing.  At least it's more 'exciting' than sitting at a desk all day.

H. is doing OK.  Seems fine.  It's hard on him - the uncertainty - and the boredom.  Not too much he can do.  Tomorrow, we head to Modesto to see his doctor and we'll find out if more chemo is needed of if he can move to radiation.  And also hopefully find out when the next CT scan is to check on the blood clot.

Work has been frustrating this week.  I wasn't expecting a relaxing week - it is work, after all.  But I was looking forward to a week of quietly working on board prep and unwinding a bit from weeks and weeks in a row.  That hasn't happened.  Helping someone with a huge, legally mandated deadline 'cuz they put it off until the bitter end.  Not good times.  Majah's not happy.

Friday afternoon, I will be home and ready for my first weekend off in ages...and looking forward to a pretty drive up to Jackson followed by a couple days/nights of solitude and R&R.  I'm really excited to have some 'me' time and while I should feel guilty and maybe sad about missing J. and H., I don't.  I will miss them - but I am way, way overdue for some 'me' time.  I can't wait!

(I will be gone for Father's Day which I realized earlier this week - but J.'s having family visit here and they have tons of plans so I'm sure he will be happy and busy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also golf's US Open is this weekend, so there's that. But I'll record it for you.

- J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...