Monday, June 23, 2014

Simple

The weekend passed too quickly and I basked in the glory of simple pleasures.  

Sleeping in until 8 or 9 all three days.  My beloved greeting me with a hot cup of coffee and enjoying that the dog's morning routine was already done - and not by me.  

Tried to nap - couldn't so binged watched Sherlock on Netflix.

Meal planning and grocery shopping.  J. to Costco and me to Winco and both of us spent within $10 of the other.  Tons of food in the house and menus planned for a couple weeks.  Leaning more toward crock pot meals or stove top stuff to keep from heating up the oven.  I really like meal planning and even the shopping when I have the time to enjoy it.  

Unloading everything alone wasn't great.  Where is H. when we need him?  He can help unload groceries, for crying out loud.  

A little yard work.  J. hooked me up to the blower/vac (as a vac) and I cleaned out the neighbor's leaves from the pool equipment area.  Too short for the way the shoulder 'bag' feature was set up and bashing into things and wondering what in the heck was getting in my way.  Oh yeah - the bag of air inflated around my waist.  Filling with mulched up leaves as we went.  

J. put together my new outdoor chair - sort of like a hammock with a frame and you tilt back and lean forward to sit up or lay down.  Ready for our 'stay-cation' in a couple weeks.  

Feeling ready to tackle a zillion things - and tacking just a few.  Enjoying some rest and relaxation after a couple really long months.  

Looking forward to a four day weekend coming up this weekend.  Then two days of work and then off for eighteen days in a row!!  Eighteen days of sleeping in....resting...relaxing.  B. arrives home a week from this Friday and stays until the 13th.  I'm heading back to Jackson that morning for a couple (more) nights of 'just me' time.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...