Friday, June 20, 2014

Polish Proverb

And words to live by.  (Hi, S!  I love that we both found this and now it's 'ours')....



On my first weekday off in FOREVER, I repeat this to myself over and over....often wishing I didn't have the kind of job where getting 'pulled in' is the standard.

I slept in (which was hard) and because I did that, I awoke with the beginnings of a caffeine withdrawal headache and sore joints.  The morning has been much of nothing and it is a leisurely day at Casa Us.

We were planning to head to Jackson today to provide H. with a little R&R - he is bummed that he wasn't able to go camping in Yosemite with friends but this chemo round has hit him pretty hard.  He's not feeling great and while J. and I were at dinner out on Wednesday evening, he came to the conclusion on his own that he really shouldn't camp.  It's risky to be at high risk of infection, a few days post-chemo in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone coverage and no transportation home in the event you need to get home.

So Jackson was an idea - but H. isn't feeling well enough today and that's fine.  We've got the rest of the weekend; I have a four-day weekend next weekend (yeah!) then two days of work and off for two and half weeks - yes, in a row!  We have plenty of opportunities to go.

Our dinner out on Wednesday was with old friends - from J.'s days in the band when we first met and dated. Two really fun couples and we passed the evening away with lots of musical memories and good food.  Nice to see them and one of the couples drove down from Oregon for a family reunion and we haven't seen them in over 10 years.  It was a lot of fun and a nice break.  I was glad I forced myself to go - 'cuz I really had a fun time and thought 'we should do this more often'!

Since we aren't heading to Jackson, I'm going to indulge in a nap!  Awaken to hopefully a swim!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...