Monday, June 16, 2014

Desperation

I was approaching the point I always get to on my gambling jaunts.  Not winning - not losing terribly but not winning much and realizing the obsession phase of the weekend was commencing.  To thwart that, I took $40 from my wallet and meandered away from the penny/nickel slots I'd been playing and headed toward the $1 slots.  I said to myself 'I'm going to put $40 in a machine and see what happens and then I'm done!'.

So I did that...and I kept winning....the machine was hot and it kept paying enough to keep me going.

And then this happened:


Just under $3,000!!  It was incredibly exciting and unexpected and thrilling....wow.  And the best part was I was able to play a bit more with 'wild abandon'.  Not too much - but just enough.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and it was a lovely weekend.  I can't wait to go back and think I will in August.  I could use another R&R weekend alone.  It went way too quickly.

All's well at home.  The boys survived.  I'm glad to be home.  I made it through an 'easy' day at work and am winding up for a busy week.  Hoping to be off Friday - maybe Thursday, too.  I could sure use some days off.

The rash is back.  Finished the antibiotics and the rash hugely improved.  But the meds are gone and the rash is back - so back to the doctor tomorrow.

H. thinks we should just go to Jackson every weekend and bring home money.  I reminded him that I've been gambling since I was 21 and here I am - 34 years later and I just won the largest jackpot I've ever won.  If only it were that easy.

So now, I'm heading to Jackson every Father's Day weekend - hopefully J. can come with me next time.  Or not.

Me and my alone time enjoyed our visit with each other and we want to do so more often.  It's the hermit, recluse in me - can't help it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...