Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shelved!

J.'s project was a total success!  Behold, appliances NOT on the counter!  'Tis a thing of beauty!






Time with my friend was fun - we sat at Starbucks for hours catching up.  She is more conservative than I remember (though not annoyingly so...and she's rational so she realizes that we may not share the same perspective on a variety of subjects but oh well).  She's also totally 'agnostic' which surprises me.  Shouldn't - but does.  She was a boss when I last knew her - my boss, actually - so it just goes to show that you often don't really know the people you work with.  You know the person they are at their job - but not them.  It was a great walk down memory lane and lots of fun.  I think we will try to get together for dinner next time she's here.  Her daughter lives in Foster City so she will definitely be returning.

Today, I am making homemade lasagna for dinner.  It is very helpful to have the extra bunch of frozen spaghetti sauce available.  Turns a 3 hour process into an hour or so...making it doable on a day I have already worked for a few hours and still have a couple to go with stuff I brought home.  It's stupid to heat up the oven today but oh well....they don't do 'Smart Days' (when we are supposed to lower our usage from 2PM to 7PM) on weekends so I'm going to cook up a storm.  Hopefully enough for leftovers tomorrow.  It's approaching 3:30 and there are two trays of lasagna in the oven!!  Yummy!

Watching the Olympics is fun....

Monday looms....ugh!  


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...