Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Blanket

J. is out knocking on doors getting support for the Senate candidate in our area with the same party affiliation we are.  It's a bit scary, honestly - this is an extremely (I am thinking of that word said with grave emphasis and a drawl) conservative town and I really don't like him going around announcing that he is not supportive of the same policies or candidates 80% of the town is.  Heaven help him that he knocks on the wrong farmers door and gets blasted to bits with a shot gun.  There are a lot of crazies out there -

(A moment of sadness for the Colorado shooting victims and their families.  Such a huge sadness...).  Marking the week with the worst shooting event in our history is certainly giving pause this weekend...
You never really know a person's tipping point...

I should have been at work HOURS ago but I am enjoying a leisurely Saturday morning and heading out the door shortly for an afternoon of massive effort.  My lunch will be a light caramel frapp, heavy on the drizzle with two protein shots.  And it will be free courtesy of my gold card rewards postcard entitling me to a free drink of my choice.  I try to really load up on protein powder and 'extras' to get the most value for the dollar.  Maybe I will even add an extra shot of espresso - yum!  That should do the trick!

I love having J. at home.  Love it to bits!  He is doing so much around here it is amazing!  And I'm proud of him for keeping busy and finding causes he wants to support.

We enjoyed a family dinner out at a restaurant we having visited in over a year.  B. was excited to realize he could order a margarita!  It was good.  The boys discussed purchasing new cars - don't ask me why.  Boys and toys!  H.'s new job seems to have him thinking he can afford anything he wants....which isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.  It's hard to reign a kid in who went from zero income to $350-400 a week just like that.  And in a month, he starts mandatory OT which will increase that to close to $800 a week.  Wow.  That is a lot for a 'young' man.  I gently remind that there will be no new cars until they are able to qualify for and obtain their own insurance on their own. No f-ing way are we paying that much for insurance - and they can't afford it.  Period.

It's often ridiculous - the things they torture me about over dinner.

Testosterone.  May be a female appetite suppressant 'cuz I was ready to go home shortly into dinner.  Though it was delicious.  The tacos I had have always been and will always be my absolute favorite tacos on the planet - they are scrumptious!

I need to head out.  I will feel so much more positive if I can get stuff at work 'under control'.  Or at least quasi controlled.  The week just flies by and things pull me everywhere BUT the massive list of stuff I have to do....

My assistant is moving to a new department (sad to see her go but it's full time and that's what she needs) so this week, I will interview for a part time person.  Pray.  Having my assistant the last six months has been the best thing ever and that's what I need again.  Someone who 'meshes' well and digs in and works hard to help offload me - 'cuz having that the past six months has been such a blessing and I need to find that again.  Please...let me find that again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I actually only go to people who are registered with our party or registered undecided. Out of 43 houses on my route, I only spoke to about 6 people. People are not home or are not answering their doorbells.

Our city has been redistricted and so we are working for a congressional hopeful. Also, surprisingly, Tracy is pretty close to even when it comes to Republican vs. Democratic registered voters.

I had a pretty decent neighborhood, too. It's pretty fascinating how these professional political workers have everything set up for the volunteers: Names ages, party, gender, which side of the street the house is on, maps and lists.

Bonus: Good exercise!

J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...