Sunday, July 08, 2012

Projects Galore

Hello!  Did you have a great 4th of July? 

Remember how I was so excited for the mid-week break?  Well, I forgot one really important part of that mid-week break:  while Tuesday eve felt like an extra 'Friday evening', the inevitable happened.  Thursday morning felt like the 2nd Monday morning - and that really sucked.  Big time.  The week dragged and around Thursday at noon, it hit me!  I am rarely working the week of the 4th.  I am almost always off - and frequently out of the country during that week.  So being at work this past week was really awful.  Not in the sense of the work - it was fine.  And sort of fun.  Quiet.  Got stuff done.  But physically being there was far harder than I imagined.....I couldn't wait for the true Friday evening. 

J. is working hard on stuff around the house.  I work just as hard finding things for him to do.  I just sent him an email with a link to this project:


Requested two of them - but we will start with one.  Our raised beds aren't doing that great 'cuz they are being attacked by various bugs and slugs.  Organic gardening is pretty hard - my instinct is to procure copious amounts of harmful chemicals and KILL EVERYTHING....but that's so many shades of wrong.  We aren't getting a lot of edibility from the raised beds so I'm hoping 'going up' might help.

I love Pinterest, by the way.  So many amazing ideas.  Love looking at things and seeing creative ideas and thinking 'why didn't I think of that'?  It's amazing the things people come up with...

J. has also cleaned the carpets (much improved!!  Thanks, honey!).  He repaired the dishwasher only another part broke so we ordered more parts plus extras.  The shipping costs more than the tiny little plastic pieces we need....

I am low energy this weekend - when I shouldn't be.  Oh well.  I have a couple errands to run today and do want to get to my office for a bit.  The boss returns this week and I have a zillion projects I am supposed to have made progress on.  And I have....just not 'done'.  The quiet weeks of summer zoom by more quickly than I ever imagine they will....

And I found a site that gives free Kindle books and now I have so many things to read that I just want to curl up with my Kindle and read/veg. 

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...