Saturday, July 28, 2012

Handyman

I am heading into work leaving J. working with screwdrivers, drills and other assorted power tools.  He's been reorganizing the garage and found some 'parts' to a rolling cart we purchased awhile back.  It arrived with a cracked top so they replaced it for us.  We saved the old top and now J. is crafting it into a shelf to put underneath the 'empty' space under our breakfast bar.  Designed to be a 'desk' area (which was really poor design because if you were to have a chair there to sit in, no one would be able to walk by you - the island would block your passing).  Hoping he is successful and leaving him to it as I head into my office for a bit.

I was in bed and sound asleep shortly after 8:30 last night - so I saw little of the opening ceremonies.  Thankfully, J. taped it so we've been watching a bit this morning.  After Beijing, it's a little disappointing.  I keep reminding myself 'they're British'....all the pomp daily makes for lesser creativity, maybe?  Still, it IS the Olympics and it is amazing...so looking forward to watching more later today.

We did have red, white and blue cocktails - which is probably why I ended up asleep at 8:30~!

Multiple nights of lengthy, restful sleep has really helped my disposition.  I am raring to go this morning and heading into the office to continue making progress on things big and small.  Much accomplished yesterday and still more to do - but instead of feeling hopeless and down in the dumps about it all, I am back to 'matter of factly' plowing through.

The solar design team will arrive this week to begin planning our system.  Contracts are signed.  After our close to $600 electric bill, I am excited to be getting off the power roller coaster....

Heading out....looking forward to driving to Castro Valley BART to meet my friend for coffee later today.  Coffee, dinner, walk in a park?  Not sure what we'll do but we have a lot to catch up on....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...