Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Secret Menu

H. asked me for my Starbucks Gold Card so he could go get a 'Captain Crunch' frappucino. I had no idea what he was talking about - so I Googled it!

And he's right! A strawberries and cream frap with hazelnut and toffeenut syrups! It tastes just like Captain Crunch with Crunchberries - it's DELICIOUS!!!

It's Wednesday - so 1/2 way through.....

I am having a lot of trouble getting up - I didn't get to work until 8 this morning and consequently felt 'late' and 'off' all day -

Meetings most of the day tomorrow - still planning to be off on Friday but likely in the office a bit in the morning. My new assistant only works for me on Thursdays and Fridays and so I don't want to miss too much time with her. She's helping me massively cull out stuff which is great!

If there were moisture in the air, it would be snow. It has been in the low to mid 20's at times this week - and freezing most mornings. We've had to turn off the sprinklers to avoid killing ourselves slipping on the ice that results when the water gets on the driveway and sidewalks.

The boys got their grades today - suffice it to say that neither of them seem all that 'great' at book learning. How did they end up our kids? Seriously? J. and I are practically carbon copies of honor roll, motivated, etc. students throughout highschool and most (parts, anyway) of college. Our progeny? Not so much...

B. decided to try to get some classes this semester - so he dressed in a dress shirt, khakis AND A TIE and went to the first day of classes yesterday to add three psychology classes and a math class. He got at least one class and the math class is likely but it's first session isn't until Monday - B.'s 21st birthday, coincidentally. After seeing his grades for last semester, I feel like telling him that enrolling in classes that he apparently doesn't intend to work hard at is basically taking $700 and flushing it down the toilet. It's not our money - it's his. But it's still a complete waste to take classes and do so poorly.

He will be 21 - hard to believe. Partly just that I still vividly recall his little loaf of bread self staring up at me with those huge blue eyes at 3 in the morning when he was brand new and that seems like just a few weeks ago....and partly because he's so not 21. 21 is responsible and motivated and moving forward. His 21 isn't. Convincing him to not enlist and keep going to school seems futile - I haven't tried but I've thought about it.

I'm going to go read The Hunger Games - which I've been reading since last Friday. 3/4 through and can hardly put it down. Perhaps why I am having trouble getting up -like my 13 year old self, I'm reading way late into the night....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...